Financing a Second Home Now More Expensive, But Options Remain

NASDAQ, June 3, 2021–Keith Canter
According to the Mortgage Bankers Association, recent figures show 16 percent of applications for all types of home loans are FHA, VA and USDA programs. The rest (84 percent) would be directed toward Freddie and Fannie, along with a scattering of private-label and portfolio products. Lenders will tell you that second home loans are not done through the FHA, VA or USDA programs for various reasons.