MBA DEI Playbook Member Resource
MBA and its member companies continue to make significant strides in furthering diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within the real estate finance industry. It is our collective mission to ensure that our industry’s workforce reflects the communities we serve.
MBA developed and released the DEI Playbook, a complimentary, member-only resource designed to establish or enhance an organization’s DEI framework and programming.
The DEI Playbook is designed to help its members identify a clear DEI strategy tailored to fit their company’s unique needs. It includes tips, best practices, guidelines and checkpoints aimed at strengthening business models and dismantling unintended systems of oppression or inequity.
Several topics in the DEI Playbook that are identified as crucial to developing and maintaining a successful DEI framework include:
- Evaluating your current DEI competency and position in your journey;
- Assessing if your current systems are improving or impeding your organization’s progress;
- Developing and executing your strategy as a mechanism through which systematic issues and your workplace’s status quo are challenged and changed;
- Creating a scaled and purposeful strategy upheld by strategic pillars and customized DEI efforts;
- Establishing a marketplace presence that aligns with belonging and inclusion; and
- Creating a culture of inclusion, innovation, and productivity.
Not only is DEI a business imperative, it is also the right thing to do. For more insights on the MBA DEI Playbook, watch this video.