MBA Announces Members of 2023 Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council
The Mortgage Bankers Association announced the members of its 2023 Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council.
The Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council provides important recommendations, feedback and ideas on where MBA should focus its time and resources to be impactful in advancing affordable multifamily housing and preserving the nation’s affordable housing stock.
“MBA and its members are committed to expanding affordable rental housing opportunities for minorities and communities of color,” said MBA President and CEO Bob Broeksmit, CMB. “The Council is instrumental in developing strategies and recommendations that will assist MBA in creating effective and equitable solutions to address our nation’s affordable rental housing crisis.”
Daron Tubian, Head of Affordable Housing Investments at Barings Global Real Estate, and Sarah Garland, Senior Managing Director, Debt & Structured Finance, Affordable Housing and FHA Lending at CBRE Capital Markets, will serve as co-chairs of the Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council in 2023. The Council is staffed and managed by MBA’s Katelynn Harris Walker, Associate Director, Affordable Housing Initiatives.
“The Council has made significant strides to strengthen our industry efforts for 2023 and beyond, starting with creating an Affordable Rental Housing Strategy focusing on the supply of multifamily housing and increasing MBA’s leadership role in affordable rental housing education for consumers,” Garland said. “The Council will help drive real change in the affordable housing industry and I look forward to co-chairing this year with Daron.”
“The Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council is playing a critical role in promoting MBA’s national efforts to bring attention and promote ideas for solving the shortage of affordable rental housing,” said Tubian. “I look forward to working with Sarah and our Council members to ensure this remains front and center of our agenda this year.”
The 2023 MBA Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council includes:
- Sarah Garland, CBRE Capital Markets (Co-chair)
- Daron Tubian, Barings Global Real Estate (Co-chair)
- Alexander (Al) Beaumariage, KeyBank
- David M. Brickman, NewPoint Real Estate Capital
- Victor Calanog, Moody’s Analytics CRE
- Debbie Campbell, X-Caliber Capital Corp
- Graham Dozier, Regions Bank
- Karen Dubrosky, Colliers Mortgage
- Dwayne George, Merchants Capital Corporation
- John Gilmore IV, Walker & Dunlop
- Mary Hayes, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Michael Heagerty, Gantry
- Pharrah Jackson-Rowell, Greystone
- Lopa Kolluri, M&T Realty Capital Corporation
- David Leopold, Berkadia
- Tony Love, Bellwether Enterprise
- Shekar Narasimhan, Beekman Advisors, Inc
- Robert Nilson, Dynex Capital, Inc
- Matt Rocco, Colliers Mortgage
- Jeff Rodman, M&T Realty Capital Corporation
- Justin Shackleford, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Michael Staton, CPC Mortgage Company, LLC
- Paul Weissman, Lument
- Stephanie Wiggins, PGIM Real Estate
- Arthanais Williams, Arbor Realty Trust, Inc
- Karen Wipper, Dwight Capital
The co-chairs and membership for the 2023 Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council were announced last October at MBA’s Annual Convention.