CRE Basics: Underwriting Retail and Valuation Starts Sept. 23
Underwriting Retail and Valuation teaches participants the basic concepts of underwriting a retail property. The course introduces the types of retail, the underwriting process and importance of market data.
Participants will have the opportunity to practice abstracting a retail lease, projecting income and expenses, calculating performance metrics, and determining value using sample case studies. The course concludes with a discussion of common retail lending risks and risk mitigants.
- Types of Retail and the Underwriting Process
- Deriving Retail Income and Expenses
- Retail Valuation
- Retail Lending Risks and Risk Mitigants
- Loan Originators/Loan Processors
- Loan Analysts/Underwriters
- Loan Closers
- Individuals who work in other areas of commercial real estate (marketing, law, accounting) and want to learn more about the commercial/multifamily appraisal
- Instructors are TBD. The names of the instructors will be emailed to registrants closer to the course start date.
Scholarship Availability & Discounts:
MBA’s Path to Diversity Scholarship enables employees from diverse backgrounds to advance their career development by receiving up to $2,000 in education funds. Learn more and apply at mba.org/pathtodiversity.